After Kerala, Uttarakhand Police join TikTok | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs After Kerala, Uttarakhand Police join TikTok – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Cities

After Kerala, Uttarakhand Police join TikTok

Published

on

TikTok APP

Dehradun, Aug 16: In line with their ongoing mission to bring messages on safety and social relevance to their audience while connecting with the citizens of the state directly, the Uttarakhand Police joined TikTok on Friday.

The move from the Uttarakhand Police department comes shortly after the Kerala Police joined the platform amidst much fanfare.

“We believe being on TikTok gives us the opportunity to be easily approachable, while allowing us to connect with the general public at a very personal level”, Uttarakhand Police Director General (Law and Order) Ashok Kumar said. 

“Uttarakhand Police would like to share awareness videos related to road safety, cyber security, woman safety and other social issues through this platform”, he added. 

Through the account, Uttarakhand Police would create and post videos that raise awareness among the youth on various social issues, as well as coordinate with creators who have become a sensation on TikTok to lend their messages an effective voice.

“As part of our commitment to India’s growing digital community, it is a proud moment for us to collaborate with more and more law enforcement agencies across India and make a difference in the society through the power of our platform”, Nitin Saluja, director, public policy (India), TikTok said. 

Owned by a Beijing-based start-up named ByteDance, TikTok has offices in Beijing, Berlin, Jakarta, London, Los Angeles, Moscow, Mumbai, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, and Tokyo. 

In early 2018, TikTok was one of the most downloaded apps in the world. It is available worldwide for iOS and Android.


Cities

Andhra Covid victim’s body dumped into pit by earthmover

The 50-year-old man was admitted to Sri Venkateshwara Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS) last week and died on Monday.

Published

on

By

Coronavirus Death US

Amaravati, July 6 : Another video has emerged from Andhra Pradesh on Monday highlighting utter disrespect being shown while disposing of dead bodies of Covid-19 victims in the state.

In the second such incident in 10 days, authorities used a JCB excavator to lift the body of a Covid victim from an ambulance and dump it into a pit.

The incident occurred in the temple town of Tirupati in Chittoor district. The front portion of the JCB excavator was brought closer to the ambulance belonging to Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD).

Health workers pushed the body onto the excavator, which carried it to a pit and dumped the body in it.

The municipal authorities defended the move, saying the body weighed nearly 180 kgs.

The 50-year-old man was admitted to Sri Venkateshwara Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS) last week and died on Monday.

Tirupati Municipal Commissioner P.S. Girisha said they had to bury the body as the attempt by the municipal staff to cremate it had failed, since the body did not fit into the gas furnace. As the wrapping around the body was also torn while shifting it from ambulance to the furnace, they shifted the body back to SVIMS for re-wrapping.

He said it was on the advise of the family that they decided to bury the body. A 14-feet deep pit was dug using the excavator. It was then used to lift the body from the ambulance and dump it in the pit. The official, however, admitted that more workers should have been used to carry the body physically to the pit.

In a similar incident in Palasa town of Srikakulam district on June 26, the body of a Covid victim was shifted from his house to the cremation ground on a JCB excavator. In another incident in the same district, a Covid victim”s body was transported in a tractor.

Taking a serious note of the incidents, the government has suspended six officials.

Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy had expressed anguish for the inhuman act of transporting the mortal remains of COVID-19 patient through JCB excavator and ordered the immediate suspension of the officials.

“When the protocol in dealing with such cases are clearly mentioned and time and again we have been asking to drive out the stigma on Corona, the officials behaved in an irresponsible manner by transporting the dead body through a excavator which is inhuman and send a wrong signal to the people,” the Chief Minister had said.

Continue Reading

Cities

Delhi’s coronavirus cases cross one lakh mark

Earlier on Monday, an order was issued for all health care facilities to carry out compulsory rapid antigen detection testing of all individuals of high risk groups who visit their facility.

Published

on

By

Arvind Kejriwal Delhi

New Delhi, July 6 : With 1,379 fresh coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours, the national capital on Monday surpassed the one lakh mark of patients to reach 1,00,823. There were 48 more deaths in this period.

The silver lining, however, is the recovery rate, which has exceeded 70 per cent. According to Delhi government”s daily bulletin, as many as 749 patients recovered in the last 24 hours.

Till now, 72,088 people have recovered, 25,620 are active cases and 3,115 patients have succumbed to the deadly disease. This means that the city has a case fatality rate of 3 per cent.

Testing numbers in the city have gone up since the commencement of rapid antigen tests last month. Over 5,327 RT-PCR and 8,552 rapid antigen Covid-19 tests were conducted on Monday.

In total, 6,57,383 tests have been conducted so far in the national capital. Delhi has a total of 455 containment zones.

Currently, 5,250 beds are occupied in the hospitals out of a total capacity of 15,301 beds, 1,714 in the dedicated Covid Care Centres out of 7,869 and 136 beds in the dedicated Covid Health Centres as against the availability of 544 total beds. Over 17,141 people are under home isolation.

Earlier on Monday, an order was issued for all health care facilities to carry out compulsory rapid antigen detection testing of all individuals of high risk groups who visit their facility.

Lt Governor Anil Baijal also chaired a meeting of Delhi Disaster Management Authority to review the Covid-19 situation in the city.

Continue Reading

Cities

Bengal CM launches indigenous ‘Self-Scan’ app

Banerjee said that the new app would help people to scan important documents and nothing will be saved on its server.

Published

on

By

Mamata Banerjee

Kolkata, July 6 : West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday launched an indigenously developed mobile application ”Self-Scan” to help people scan important documents and keep them stored on their mobile phones.

The application was developed by the state”s Information Technology Department amidst a call to boycott all Chinese goods in India. It comes in the wake of Centre”s ban on 59 Chinese mobile applications, including TikTok.

“It reflects patriotism. I would always want to use an app prepared in my country,” the CM said, reiterating that “what Bengal thinks today, the whole world thinks tomorrow”.

Banerjee said that the new app would help people to scan important documents and nothing will be saved on its server.

Besides this, she also announced that Beleghata ID Hospital would be upgraded to a centre of excellence for its outstanding work during the Covid-19 crisis. Kolkata Medical College and Hospital”s haematology section will also have a plasma bank soon.

She said that the state government has taken a project worth Rs 58 crore, namely Jal Swapno, to supply safe drinking water in the rural belts of Bengal over the next five years. “This scheme will benefit about 2 crore people across the state,” she said.

Talking about the Cyclone Amphan relief package, Banerjee said the relief funds were disbursed quite fast, though there were some reports of irregularities.

“We have taken note and are looking into the matter. Let us not do politics over this. We must serve the people who are in real crisis,” she added.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular