After gang-rape, woman travelled in Metro with dead baby, three arrested


Gurugram, June 8: When the hundreds of commuters were on their way who took the Yellow and Violet lines of Metro, there was a woman who was travelling in the metro on May 30, not knowing that the eight-month-old baby girl in her arms was already dead.

On the dark night of May 29, the woman faced an unimaginable barbarism that crushed her esteem and took her all happiness for the cost of being a woman.

The horrifying ordeal started when she decided to go her in-laws’ place on Khandsa Road in Old Gurgaon, taking her baby girl along with her, after a fight with her immediate neighbours. She hadn’t wanted to spend the night in the house, in a village near IMT Manesar, in such an acrimonious atmosphere as her husband was away for work.

On NH-8, she got a lift from a truck driver. But soon she got off after realising that the driver seemed heavily drunk and was harassing her. She then waved down a shared auto that was going towards Gurugram. There were two men in the passenger seats. It had seemed like any other auto ride till the driver suddenly took a U-turn on the highway, before Kherki Daula toll plaza.

The two men in the auto then started making an obscene comment at her. They then took her to an isolated place in IMT Sector 8. One of the men had snatched her daughter away and covered the baby’s mouth with his palm to stop it from bawling. Then the trio raped the woman one by one. Each time, one person held the baby.

After committing the heinous crime, one of the men threw the crying baby at the concrete median verge of the road. “I became numb from that point. All I remember is seeing my child’s head hitting the road divider,” the FIR says, quoting the 19-year-old.

It was past 2 am when the men escape, with the baby in her arms, she walked down the road and reached a factory, Pencil Electro Ltd, where a guard told d her to wait till dawn and got an auto to her in-laws’ place in Old Gurgaon. There, a doctor told her the child had died.

She didn’t believe him. Her thoughts were fully centred on the condition of her baby and she did not even tell the ordeal to her family members till later in the day. Accompanied by her father-in-law, she left for Tughlakabad in Delhi, where her parents live. They boarded a Metro and went to another doctor who also told her the baby had died. With the body in her arms, she returned to Gurugram, this time to file a police case.

As she was not having a cell phone, her husband came to know what had happened from his father after she reached their place. He went to the police, who told him to ask his wife to return immediately to Gurugram from Delhi with the child’s body. At MG Road station, SHO Narender Singh was present to escort her.

Read full story: Mother gang-raped, daughter, thrown off moving auto in Gurugram

 She got off at the MG Road station, where her husband and cops were waiting. The bereaved mother and rape survivor, according to the FIR lodged at the Manesar police station is just 19 years old.

Police have arrested two accused on Wednesday after making sketches of the three suspects while the two others are yet to be arrested.

Third accused in gang rape case arrested from UP’s Bulandshahr on Thursday.

All accused are responsible for the death of the child. Injuries were found on the baby’s body and the reason of her death was asphyxia, said Police Commissioner, Gurugram.


Wefornews Bureau

Related Posts