Connect with us

Entertainment

After CBFC, ‘Padmavat’ producers deny speculations on 300 cuts

Published

on

padmavati

Mumbai, Jan 11: There are no 300 cuts in “Padmavat”, say the films producers, appreciating the balanced, fair and transparent process followed by the censor board in suggesting five modifications in the movie.

“We appreciate the balanced and considered approach that the CBFC has taken to address this situation,” a company spokesperson from Viacom18 Media Pvt Ltd told IANS.

The clarification follows Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) chairperson Prasoon Joshi’s statement that no more than five modifications have been suggested to the makers for the film to get U/A certificate.

The five modifications included title change from “Padmavati” to “Padmavat” as the filmmakers have attributed their creative source as the fictional poem “Padmavat” and not history.

They were even asked to add two disclaimers — one that clearly does not claim historical accuracy, and another which makes the point that the film in no manner subscribes to the practice of Sati or seeks to glorify it.

Modifications to the song “Ghoomar” were sought to make the depiction befitting to the character being portrayed, apart from modifications to the incorrect/misleading reference to historical places.

“Padmavat” producers have accepted the changes.

“Bhansali Productions and Viacom18 Motion Pictures, as producers, have accepted and have made all the above changes. We believe that these changes are in line with the filmic depiction of the story we wanted to tell.

“We firmly deny all speculation on extensive cuts to the film and want to reiterate that only the above changes and disclaimers per guidance of the CBFC have been made. We have full faith in the CBFC and in the transparent, fair and inclusive process that has been followed,” Viacom18’s company spokesperson added.

According to the spokesperson, the final release date of the movie will be announced soon.

WeForNews

Entertainment

Trolls on my sexual orientation affect me: Priyank Sharma

Published

on

Priyank Sharma

Mumbai, Jan 17: Priyank Sharma was questioned about his sexual orientation with contestants throwing homophobic slurs during his stint in reality show “Bigg Boss 11”. The actor says trolls on his sexual orientation and character do affect him.

He added that his “loved ones” are also affected.

“I think having an opinion or criticism is fine, but attacking someone’s character is not acceptable. As a celebrity, I am open to criticism but there is a huge difference between criticism and insult,” Priyank said in a statement.

“Trolls on my sexual orientation and character do affect me. Even if I decide to ignore it my loved ones are affected by it which bothers the most more than the trolls,” he added.

The actor will address the issue through TV show “Troll Police”, which brings celebrities and their trolls face-to-face.

“Through ‘MTV Troll Police’, I would like to convey this to people who troll celebrities under the pretext of giving a point of view that if you wish to have fun by insulting others, then you need to pay for it,” he added.

The show is aired on MTV and the episode will air on Saturday.

IANS

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Veteran cinematographer W.B. Rao dead, known for films like Rangeela & Khuda Gawah

Published

on

wb-rao

Mumbai, Jan 16: Veteran cinematographer W.B. Rao, who worked on films like “Hum”, “Khuda Gawah” and “Rangeela”, died here on Tuesday, said an official of Western Indian Cinematographer’s Association (WICA).

He died at the Bhartiya Arogya Nidhi Hospital, where he was admitted in the ICU, the official said.

Filmmaker Sangeeth Sivan mourned his death.

“W.B. Rao, the much respected and revered cinematographer is no more. ‘Hum’, ‘Khuda Gawah’ and ‘Rangeela’ were my personal favourites,” Sivan tweeted.

Rao had been a part of the film industry for over four decades. He even worked for films like “Raja Hindustani”, “Judwaa”, “Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega” and “Dhadkan”.

IANS

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Royal couple Prince Harry, Meghan Markle TV movie in works

Published

on

Prince Harry & Meghan Markle

London, Jan 16: Cable network Lifetime has announced that it will make  a film about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle‘s whirlwind love story titled Harry & Meghan: The Royal Love Story.

According to Deadline, the TV movie will depict a timeline of the royal couple’s relationship.

It would also essay everything from their first meet to the initial stages of their courtship and the global media attention surrounding their romance.

Menhaj Huda (“The Royals”) has been tapped to serve behind the lens. Scarlett Lacey will provide the script with Merideth Finn and Michele Weiss (“Flowers in the Attic”) will be its executive producer.

However, the network is still casting actors who will play the title roles.

Earlier, Lifetime had produced “William & Kate”, which aired 11 days prior to the 2011 wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.

Last year in November, Harry and Markle announced their engagement after dating for a year.

They will tie a wedding knot on May 19 at St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle.

WeForNews  

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular