Connect with us


Actress Anita Pallenberg dead at 73




Los Angeles, June 14:  Actress Anita Pallenberg, longtime girlfriend of guitarist Keith Richards who appeared in films including “Performance,” is dead. She was 73.

The actress died on Tuesday.

Stella Schnabel, daughter of painter Julian Schnabel, reported her death on Instagram. “Thank you for the most important lessons,” wrote Schnabel, reports

An Italian-German actress, model, and fashion designer, Pallenberg was known as an icon of 1960s style. She was said to have an important influence on several Rolling Stones albums, and described herself as “A vagabond. An adventurer. I am not a person with one specific talent. I wish I was.”

Her film roles included playing the Great Tyrant in Roger Vadim’s “Barbarella,” a nurse in cult film “Candy,” and in “Performance.”

In her later years, she took classes in textiles, designed clothes, gardened, and painted. She also appeared in an episode of “Absolutely Fabulous” with Mick Jagger’s one-time girlfriend and fellow fashion inspiration Marianne Faithfull, with whom she remained close.

She met Rolling Stones guitarist Brian Jones while modelling in 1965 and left him in 1967 for Richards after Jones became unstable and violent.

Pallenberg and Richards remained a couple until 1980, and they had three children together: Marlon, Angela, and Tara, who died in infancy. Richards has said that they were both addicted to heroin and Pallenberg was charged in the 1977 Toronto drug arrest; the pair went to rehab rather than prison.

She was also said to have had an intimate relationship with singer Mick Jagger during the production of “Performance”.

Pallenberg is survived by her two children and several grandchildren.


Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Eid doesn’t just belong to you: Adnan Sami to Pakistani



adnan sami

Mumbai, March 19: Adnan Sami, of Pakistani descent, told a fan from the neighbouring country that Eid does not just belong to him, but to the entire Muslim community around the world. The singer, who received his certificate of Indian citizenship in 2016, also requested the fan to refrain from making celebrations into an “Indo-Pak subject”.

Adnan was in a festive mood on Sunday as he wished his 637,000 followers on Twitter Happy Gudi Padwa, Navratri and Ugadi.

Sending “love from Pakistan”, a Twitter user wrote: “I hope you won’t forget to wish us on Eid.”

Adnan quickly responded to the fan saying: “My dear, Eid does not just belong to you, it belongs to the entire Muslim Ummah (community) around the world. Kindly refrain from making celebrations into an Indo-Pak subject! Incidentally, there are more Muslims in India than in Pakistan.”

He concluded by adding a line from his song “Kabhi to nazar milao”.


Continue Reading


Sunil Grover wishes ‘good luck’ to Kapil for new show




Mumbai, March 18: Comedian Sunil Grover wished luck to his former “The Kapil Sharma Show” co-star Kapil Sharma for his upcoming show despite the latter accusing him of lying. But Sunil maintains that he was not offered to be a part of Kapil’s new show.

Last year, Sunil walked out of “The Kapil Sharma Show” after Kapil allegedly verbally abused him and hit him with a shoe during a flight.

Kapil, who took a break from small screen for a while, is making a comeback with “Family Time With Kapil Sharma”.

After a fan asked Sunil about working with Kapil again, Sunil tweeted: “There are more people who asked me the same question. But I didn’t get a call for this show. My phone number is the same.”

On Sunday, Kapil decided to keep “nothing personal” and reply back to Sunil in a series of tweets.

“Please don’t spread rumours that I didn’t call you… He is lying. I called him 100 times and sent my people to his home. Even I went to his home to meet him for the show but now I will not let anybody take advantage on my name. Enough is enough,” Kapil said.

A Twitter user showed support to Kapil.

After which Kapil wrote: “Yes, I love him but sometimes it hurts a lot when you do a lot of hard work for somebody and he just wants fame in your name. Why did he choose to speak up now? A year later?”

“I don’t want his support but at least he should not spread rumours. I am tired of all this.”

Responding to his tweets, Sunil wrote: “Now people know the answer why I didn’t join the show earlier. I am talking about ‘this’ show. You are bringing up an old topic.”

“I didn’t speak up for one year as details about your bad behaviour would come out in the public and I wanted your dignity to stay intact. We have done very good work together.

“I referred to this show and not the previous show. And you are a better comedian. Everyone knows it. But I will still keep trying with whatever I know. Take care. There are only two kidneys and one liver. Take care of your health. Again, I will say I have not been offered for this show. Good luck for the new show. Wishes and love,” Sunil signed off.


Continue Reading


Nobody’s voice should be called fringe voice: Prasoon Joshi

I was disappointed with headlines like 400 cuts! Where did that come from? Why give air to such things and disrespect us? What do you have to explain? Media needs to do some introspection.



New Delhi, March 17 : Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) chairperson Prasoon Joshi on Saturday reflected upon the controversy over Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s “Padmaavat”, and said nobody’s voice should be referred to as a “fringe voice”.

Joshi was at the News18 Rising India Summit where he spoke on creative freedom, especially in the light of the film “Padmaavat”, on Saturday. He shared the dias with Minister of Information and Broadcasting Smriti Irani.

“No one’s voice should be called a fringe voice because it is demeaning. For many people, our voices, voices of people sitting comfortably in a five-star hotel and debating, could be considered fringe,” Joshi said.

“When it comes to metaphors like ‘Rajputi shaan’, there is a reason how metaphors come in. I don’t think suspended reality is there.

“In ‘Padmaavat’, we went on to understand it as humanly as possible and I believe an artiste does not want to hurt society. If concerns come, you have to take a call. We did so… Many suggestions happened, changes were made, the letter ‘i’ was removed from the title… There is a reason, a thought,” he added.

Joshi himself faced the ire of Rajput organisations opposing the release of “Padmaavat” as the censor board chief had given a clean chit to the historical drama after suggesting a few disclaimers and edits.

He says at the end, it was collectively decided with the filmmaker to “stay true to the poem ‘Padmaavat'”, and so only little changes were demanded.

“I was disappointed with headlines like 400 cuts! Where did that come from? Why give air to such things and disrespect us? What do you have to explain? Media needs to do some introspection,” he added.

“Padmaavat” went through a tumultous journey from the beginning of its shoot till its release and beyond over conjectures that it distorted historical facts.

Rajput organisation Shree Rajput Karni Sena was up in arms against the makers, and not just vandalised its sets twice and assaulted Bhansali, but also held major protests across the country opposing the film’s release.

Continue Reading

Most Popular