Accused harassing victim's family for one year: Priyanka | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs Accused harassing victim’s family for one year: Priyanka – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Cities

Accused harassing victim’s family for one year: Priyanka

The victim’s father told Priyanka Gandhi that the family has been harassed for a year.

Published

on

Priyanka Gandhi at Unnao

Unnao, Dec 7 : After the death of the Unnao rape victim, Congress General Secretary Priyanka Gandhi met her family members here on Saturday. The family told Gandhi that the accused had been harassing and threatening them for the last one year.

“It is clear from the Maakhi incident and now the rape victim’s death that women are not safe in Unnao,” she said.

The victim’s father told Priyanka Gandhi that the family has been harassed for a year.

He said: “I have also heard that the culprits are linked to the Bharatiya Janata Party. There is no fear among criminals in the state.”

The Congress General Secretary said: “The incidents of female harassment are increasing under the BJP government in the state. The rape victim and her family were receiving threats, but the police did not take any action.”

“The Chief Minister should answer the question that what is the place of women in the state. The way Maakhi and another daughter died yesterday, has raised questions about the system.”

Hitting out at the BJP government in the state, the Congress General Secretary said: “Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath says that there is no place for criminals in the state, but I think there is no place for women here. The administration has to answer why it is happening? “

The sister-in-law of the Unnao victim informed: “Priyanka said that she will fight for justice with us. Our only demand is that the culprits should be hanged, only then the soul of our girl will get peace.”

Cities

Man murders children, wife; tries to commit suicide

Published

on

By

tn-suicide-wefornews

Chandigarh, Jan 23 (IANS) A father of two after allegedly murdering his children and his wife tried to commit suicide by jumping before a running train here on Thursday, the police said.

However, he sustained grievous injuries and is undergoing treatment at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGI) here.

According to the police, Sanjay Arora, who runs a bakery in Sector 9 of Panchkula near Chandigarh, after murdering his family went to Panchkula and tried to commit suicide by jumping before a train.

The bodies of the family were found from their residence in Modern Housing Complex, Manimajra, in the early hours of Thursday.

They are suspected to have been murdered by Sanjay Arora, the victim’s husband and father of the children, who later tried to commit suicide.

They were killed using a sharp-edged weapon, police said.

Sanjay runs Krishna Bakery in Sector 9 of Panchkula.

The deceased have been identified as Sarita, 45, daughter Sanchi, 20, a law student, and son Arjun, 15.

Sanjay’s friend Karambir Arora found the bodies lying in the house. He informed the police.

A suicide note was found in the house.

Police investigations say Arora was under debt and depressed because of his financial condition.


Continue Reading

Cities

1 killed in Thane factory blast

Published

on

By

IED Blast

Thane (Maharashtra): One person was killed and two others injured in a blast that ripped through a private chemical factory in Maharashtra here on Wednesday, officials said.

The explosion, followed by a fire took place in a dryer in the factory in the MIDC complex in Badlapur around 9 a.m. There were many other employees working in the morning shift when the explosion took place.

The company has been identified as K.J. Remedies and 10 fire tenders were rushed to the spot.

The cause of the blast is not yet known. The injured were shifted to hospital.

Continue Reading

Cities

Sacked DTC staff make it dramatic for AAP

“This is like a job fair for us. We want a job and this is that for us. We are contesting against Kejriwal to save the Constitution and the common man,” Sharma told IANS.

Published

on

By

Kejriwal for Nomination

New Delhi, Jan 21 : The last day of nominations for the February 8 Assembly elections turned dramatic for the ruling Aam Aadmi Party as close to 30 sacked DTC employees filed their candidature ahead of the Delhi Chief Minister, who waited for close to seven hours to file his nomination with token number 45 in hand.

Kejriwal reached the office of the Returning Officer (RO) to file his nomination from the New Delhi Assembly seat around 12.30 p.m. on Tuesday. However, even at 7 p.m. he was still waiting for his turn.

The Chief Minister was accompanied by his wife and parents along with party leaders Pankaj Gupta and Gopal Mohan.

As the clock ticked 3 p.m. — the deadline for the filing nomination — the anxiety prevailed among the party leaders and volunteers as the party’s chief minister face was yet to file the nominations.

Though the deadline for filing nominations was 3 p.m., all those who have been given token, would be allowed to submit their papers.

Party’s spokesperson Saurabh Bhardwaj went on to call it “nuisance”, adding an organised group of 50 candidates was taking tokens to file nomination at New Delhi every day for the last 4 days. “But they were not filing nominations. They just wanted to harass Kejriwal. This situation was very much in the knowledge of the RO & DM,” said Bhardwaj.

Earlier, he said around 35 candidates sitting at the RO office with CM, “without” proper nomination papers. “They are calling their proposers on phone to come. They are insisting unless their papers are complete and they file their nomination, they won’t allow the CM to file his papers,” Bhardwaj said.

However, this partially turned out to be true as a huge number of those in the list were the sacked DTC contractual employees.

The drivers and conductors of Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC), who lost their contract jobs, had last year floated a political party, the ‘Mazdoor Ekta Party’. However, just only one among them filed from the party, while close to 30 sacked DTC employees are contesting the election as an Independent against Kejriwal.

Manoj Sharma, one of the members of the DTC Contractual Employees Union, who filed his papers as an Independent, said they do not have any job.

“This is like a job fair for us. We want a job and this is that for us. We are contesting against Kejriwal to save the Constitution and the common man,” Sharma told IANS.

When asked if this is just to trouble the Chief Minister, Sharma said the DTC employees have a strong vote base and will win against Kejriwal.

He said this is not just the only seat where the sacked DTC candidates are filing nominations. “On several other seats as well the sacked employees are filing the papers,” he added.

While the AAP leaders seemed annoyed with the delay, Kejriwal called the other contestants his family.

“Many of them are filing for the first time. They are bound to make mistakes. We also made mistakes the first time. We should hand-hold them. I am enjoying waiting with them. They are all part of my family,” Kejriwal tweeted, in response to Bhardwaj’s tweet.

Delhi Deputy Cheif Minister Manish Sisodia, however, said the other contestants were planted by the BJP.

“The BJP has put 45 candidates before Kejriwal. The Election Commission is deliberately giving a long time to every candidate, whose papers are not complete or even to those whose proposal is not ready so that Kejriwal can be prevented from filling the nominations,” Sisodia tweeted.

He said Kejriwal cannot be stopped.

Delhi goes to the polls on February 8 and Tuesday was the last date for filing nominations.

(Nivedita Singh can be contacted at [email protected])

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular