AAP urges EC not to set any rules for hacking EVMs | WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs AAP urges EC not to set any rules for hacking EVMs – WeForNews | Latest News, Blogs
Connect with us

Politics

AAP urges EC not to set any rules for hacking EVMs

Published

on

sanjay-singh

New Delhi, May 24 : The AAP on Wednesday urged the Election Commission to “reconsider” the terms of the EVM challenge, saying it should not set any rules and regulations and allow it to be an open “hackathon”.

An Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) delegation led by senior leader Sanjay Singh submitted a memorandum to the Election Commission in this regard and also sought clarity on the proposed challenge to the Electronic Voting Machines (EVM).

The memorandum, addressed to Chief Election Commissioner Nasim Zaidi, said that it was “extremely worrying” that in the EVM challenge, the participants would not be allowed to tamper or change the mother-board of the EVM.

Noting that it was not an issue related to just one political party but a question of safeguarding democracy in this country, it said: “We urge you (CEC) to make the right decision in the long-term interests of the nation.”

It also asked if anyone wished to rig an election result, would they follow the rules and regulations set by the Election Commission.

“We strongly urge you to reconsider the terms of the EVM challenge. Please do not set any such rules and regulations and allow it to be an open hackathon where tampering of any kind can be demonstrated on the machine,” the AAP said in the memorandum.

Other leaders in the delegation included Atishi Marlena, Pankaj Gupta and Ashutosh.

The Election Commission last week has announced it will hold a hacking challenge from June 3 to prove that its EVMs cannot be tampered with or hacked and came out with a framework of conditions under which this will be done.

(IANS)

Cities

COVID-19: People going hungry in Panaji, says Parrikar’s son

Published

on

By

Phishing in Goa

Panaji, March 30 : With Panaji reeling under severe food and groceries shortage amid the ongoing lockdown like other parts of Goa, former Chief Minister late Manohar Parrikar’s son Utpal on Monday, participated in a drive to deliver essential groceries to 500 people living in the late Defence Minister’s home constituency.

“Many people who live day to day cannot afford to buy large amounts of grocery at a time. They have to survive. It is easy to say ‘stay at home’, but many people are facing hunger. Ground reality is it is difficult to get supplies. I do not know if it is hoarded by people,” Utpal Parrikar told IANS on Monday.

The outreach by Utpal, who is a member of the state executive committee of the Goa Bharatiya Janata Party, comes at a time when the Chief Minister Pramod Sawant-led administration is facing accusations of inefficiency vis a vis ensuring availability of food supplies and basic essentials to hundreds of thousands of Goans across the state who are in a state of panic due to grocery stores running out of stock. The home delivery system initiated by the government, with the help of volunteers from political parties, has also been accused of diverting and hoarding essential goods, releasing them only to party workers and other favourites.

Former Panaji MLA and BJP leader Sidharth Kuncalienkar has also alleged a scam in the diversion of essential goods in the home delivery mechanism devised by the city corporation which is controlled by the BJP.

Utpal Parrikar said that he himself faced a lot of issues related to sourcing of material for the outreach programme, on behalf of the Mahalaxmi temple trust. Mahalaxmi is the city deity of Panaji, a constituency represented by Manohar Parrikar since 1994.

“I am just giving it on behalf of the Mahalaxmi trust as a social cause to a few needy people so that they can stay at home for a few days. We are trying to reach 500 families which are in need,” Utpal said.

“I was doing it silently for the past two three days. I was facing a lot of issues getting the material. We will try to repeat it next week, so that these people can stay inside. That is the next goal,” he said, adding that people who live on day-to-day finances find it difficult to buy large volumes of groceries to last several days.

Continue Reading

India

Now, Tharoor accuses PM of announcing lockdown in haste

On one picture he wrote Notebandi (Demonetisation) and on the other it was written,’Lockdown’.

Published

on

By

Shashi Tharoor

New Delhi, March 29 : Congress leader Shashi Tharoor on Sunday attacked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for not giving enough time to the people to prepare before a nationwide lockdown was imposed.

Taking to Twitter, Tharoor said in Hindi “na hee tab taiyari thee na hee ab taiyari hai, tab bhi janata haari thi, ab bhi janata haari hai” which roughly translates as “Neither there was a preparation then (referring to demonetization), nor now. That time also the common man was at the receiving end, so is today.”

The Congress MP compared the ongoing situation with the demonetisation days by sharing two pictures jointly on the micro-blogging site.

He compared the huge crowd of migrants standing in long queues to catch a bus to return to their native place at Delhi’s Anand Vihar and Ghaziabad’s Kaushambi bus terminals with the one seen outside banks during demonetisation.

On one picture he wrote Notebandi (Demonetisation) and on the other it was written,’Lockdown’.

Hours earlier, Congress leader Kapil Sibal also attacked Prime Minister Narendra Modi for allegedly making no preparations before announcing the 21-day nationwide lockdown due to novel coronavirus spread.

A 21-day lockdown in the country was announced by the Prime Minister as a containment measure taken by the government to break the chain of transmission of the highly contagious COVID-19, after which thousands of migrant labourers started leaving Delhi by walking in the absence of any mode of transport.

Continue Reading

Politics

Delhi distributes food at over 800 locations to 4 lakh people: Kejriwal

Published

on

By

Arvind Kejriwal

New Delhi, March 28 (IANS) Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday urged the migrants to stay back in the city during the lockdown and said his government is serving lunch and dinner to over four lakh people at more than 800 locations.

Speaking to the media through a digital press conference, he said the government has operationalised 568 Hunger Relief Centres in schools, apart from 238 night shelters.

“We have the capacity to feed lunch and dinner to approximately 4 lakh persons daily,” Kejriwal said. He also said that apart from this, mobile vans are also deployed to arrange food for those who cannot reach the locations.

“Although there is some issue, I am expecting that these will be streamlined in a day or so.”

Kejriwal said the Aam Aadmi Party MLAs and party workers are reaching out to the migrants, and have been successful to stop a number of migrants.

“Lockdown should be implemented seriously. If we keep moving, the purpose of lockdown will be wasted. I urged the migrants at the border to come back to Delhi. We even opened night shelters in some of the schools around the border areas,” Kejriwal said.

He also said that the ration from April in around 1,000 ration shops has reached and will soon be distributed.

“Coronavirus is spreading very fast. In the countries which we thought were highly developed are facing a serious crisis. We should learn from different nations.”

The nationwide lockdown has started from Tuesday midnight, following which migrant labourers have started moving to their homes in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal and Odisha.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Most Popular