28 years after separation, two Dubai women find mother in Hyderabad

It was an emotional reunion after 28 years as two daughters from Dubai finally traced their Indian mother thanks to the help from the Hyderabad police.

Tears rolled down the eyes of Ayesha Rasheed Eid Obaid alias Kanoo Rasheed and Fatima Rasheed Eid Obaid as they embraced their mother Nazia Begum in the office of Deputy Commissioner of Police V. Satyanarayana in the old city of Hyderabad on Thursday.

“We never thought we would meet our mother in lifetime. Allah had fixed the meeting and we are glad that we got to see our mother after 28 long years,” said Ayesha, who along with her sister had been making frantic efforts to trace their mother for several months.

Nazia, now 60, was married to a UAE national Rasheed Eid Obaid Rifaq Masmari in 1981 at a Qazi’s office here.

He took her to Fujairah province in UAE. As he was already married, the Hyderabadi woman faced problems in living there.

She lived in UAE for four years and had two daughters Ayesha Rasheed Eid Obaid alias Kanoo Rasheed and Fatima Rasheed Eid Obaid.

Nazia was divorced by her husband following some dispute. He sent her back to India but did not allow her to take her daughters along.

After two years, Nazia’s parents married her to a fruit vendor from Bidar in Karnataka. She now has two sons and a daughter from the second marriage.

While she was living with her family in Bidar, her two daughters Ayesha RashedA and Fatima Rasheed who are now aged 29 years and 26 years respectively came to Hyderabad in search of their mother.

In January, they approached the DCP with a photograph of their mother.

Pamphlets and posters were printed and circulated all over the south zone. Television channels aired stories about the plight of the two women who were desperate to meet their mother.

During meeting with old qazis, police got a small clue. Police made strenous efforts for six months to trace Nazia.

Nazia had thin memories about her daughter because she saw them around 30 years ago. All she could remember was her younger daughter had six fingers. The police cross checked the identity mark and after the confirmation arranged their meeting.

Related Posts