20-year-old chef thrown off 4th floor after rape in Delhi


Delhi, August 14: A shocking case of Delhi’s Begampur came to fore where a 20-year-old woman was allegedly raped by her male friend and then pushed off the fourth floor of an under-construction building.

The victim was also threatened of dire consequences before the heinous assault.

The woman, an assistant chef at a city five-star hotel was admitted to Baba Saheb Ambedkar hospital in Rohini, where her condition is said to be critical.

Police have arrested the 24-year-old accused, who works at another five-star hotel, and filed a case under IPC sections of rape, attempt to murder and kidnapping.

According to a latest government data, Delhi have witnessed 2,199 rape cases in 2015 — an average of six a day. The rising crime graph in the city are creating hinderance in empowering woman.

According to police, the crime took place at around 11pm on August 10, when the young survivor was abducted by her former colleague in lieu of taking her to his father’s house.

Incidentally, that night the police had stopped the accused when he along with the victim and two others was travelling towards Connaught Place on a bike. Police seized their bike for not carrying relevant documents.

The four then hailed an auto-rickshaw for Begampur, according to the woman’s two friends. After going some distance, around 10.50pm, the accused told his companions that he would go to his house and collect his father’s car.

He took the victim along with him asking the other couple to wait in the auto near Rama Vihar.

Around 11.10pm, locals noticed the victim who was lying on the ground and informed the police.

The accused, who was arrested within hours, reportedly revealed police that instead of taking the woman to his house, he took her to an under construction building nearby.

DCP (Rohini) Rishi Pal, confirmed that the accused has been arrested and sent to judicial custody.

However, police are yet to record the victim’s statement. Doctors at the hospital said the woman is not in a position to give the statement to police.

“The patient had come to us two days ago in an unconscious state. There were suspicions of sexual assault. And, because of the fall, she also sustained a lot of head injuries. She was admitted to our neuro-surgical ward. She is now stable but critical,” said Dr Punita Mahajan, medical director of the hospital.

Wefornews Bureau

Related Posts